The Sieve and the Siphon
The Sieve and the Siphon takes Jack and the Beanstalk and turns it on its head! From characters to events to structure, I wanted to see how far I could go with reversing as many aspects of the story as seemed reasonable. Some aspects of it I thought of off-the-cuff and just ran with them, some seemed like natural changes to make for the story I wanted to tell.
In any case, I hope the result is a fun adventure for you!
NOTE: Keep the game open until you finish it! I don't yet have an autosave in place, but that's planned for future updates.
After you've read each passage, click the appropriate link to proceed. Some are the only links on the page, while others are choices you're presented with.
How I Made This
- I used a combination of Typora and Visual Studio Code to compose the body of the story.
- The font used throughout the game is the Google Font Voltaire.
- Passages were written in Twee syntax and compiled with the Tweego compiler.
- The CSS was preprocessed with Stylus.
- The title graphic was created with a combination of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.
- More on my process will come in a blog post after doing so for my other games. Stay tuned here or on my blog for updates!
1.1.1 - 2018-02-19
- Minor text fixes.
1.1.0 - 2018-02-17
- The third path should work as intended, having the option to go from one room to the others instead of just to the last one
- The first room in the third path was blocked by an error
- Theme Switch feature
- At the beginning of the story you can now choose a theme in which to display text and images
- You can choose from the following: Default, Light, Newsprint, Gruvbox
1.0.0 - 2018-02-15
- Made proper release description for the game following jam submission. Check back here for more updates!
|Published||31 days ago|
|Tags||browser, cyoa, Exploration, Fairy Tale, Female Protagonist, free, gamebook, Twine, twine-games-jam|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Mouse, Touchscreen, Smartphone|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast|
- v1.1.0 released!29 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.